Sunday, September 11, 2011

10th Anniversary of 9/11

I was pretty emotional today. We ended our sacrament by singing "America the Beautiful." Before the NFL game, there was a 9/11 tribute. I loved when they rolled out the huge American flag and had all the players, coaches, & servicemen hold the flag together. I am still amazed when I think of all that occurred 10 years ago & how our countrymen came together. Churches were full of people looking for comfort, guidance, & God.

I am so grateful to be an American. We live in the greatest country in the world & have so much to be thankful for. I cannot imagine a life without the freedoms we enjoy. I'm forever grateful for all the men & women who protect our freedoms on the frontline. I know God chose this land for us & watches over us always.

Chorus: "America! America!
God shed His grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!"

No comments:

Post a Comment