Tuesday, January 25, 2011

THIS...Is Why We Practice!!!

As the music coordinator for sacrament meeting, I am asked to arrange musical numbers for the year. So far, I've had pretty good luck. The Young Women have done a few songs plus some other families in the ward have willingly participated (who knew, right?). Next week, Annie & I are doing a viola/piano duet of "Redeemer of Israel." Great song, but this arrangement is NOT cool. Lots of chords, sharps & no melody. That's probably up in her line. Dang! My sight-reading is still pretty good but not having my own practice time is starting to show. I can still get by in Primary okay. But this is another monster all together. I will battle through this week & practice, practice, practice!

2 comments:

  1. Bravo Tammy! It is sad to see the talent go, but the good news is that it comes back quicker than it leaves! I hope your duet goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how the concept of practice goes from something we hated when younger, to something to be proud of now that the time is hard to find to do it. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete