Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Runaway Dog...

I know the title gives it away, but I'm going to share anyway. On Sunday, we were all slumming it a bit so Brian could get feeling better. We had watched a bunch of Pixar movies, and Lily had had enough. So...I took her outside to do her business. Much to my dismay, she kept finding every twig, leaf, or pinecone to chew on. Plus, she's a lot faster than me so she ends up eating some of them. (It's hard to get those jaws open when she's determined!) When she was finished, I pulled her to go back inside. No way, she thought. I pulled more and more and.....BAM! FREEDOM! Her harness slipped over her head, and she was gone. So happy, she thought. I was not amused, mostly because I don't want her going out to the road or running further away from me. We played the follow-the-leader game. Luckily, she complied with that plan. She stayed far enough away that I couldn't catch her, but at least we were headed back toward the house. And of course, I didn't have my phone on me to call in reinforcements. I ran into the house to find the only enticement that would work...FOOD. I pulled out the breath bones (she needed some anyway, whewee!) and marched back outside. Lily wasn't ready yet. She snatched 2 bones out of my hand before I caught her. Little brat! I'm sure Brian and my neighbors had quite the amusement on the front lawn. It's always funny seeing grown humans outsmarted by a dog.

1 comment:

  1. So, I feel your pain, but it is pretty funny that she got two treats from you before you got her. The little escape artist!! It was probably all part of the plan...

    ReplyDelete